HMH encourages individuals to become a member of our health care team by volunteering. We are proud of our volunteers who enrich the lives of patients, staff and visitors.
Requirements to volunteer:
. You must be at least 16 years of age and over to join Harrison Memorial Hospital volunteering program.
· A time commitment is required from each volunteer and will differ from area to area.
· All volunteers are on a 30 day probation period
and are required to contribute a minimum of 8 hours of service in those 30 days. It is preferred that volunteers commit to volunteer for 2 hours, one day a week during the hours of 8:00am to 5:30pm Monday-Friday during this probation period. NOTE: At this time, no hours are offered to teen volunteers on Saturday or Sunday. This is subject to change.
· Criminal Background checks are completed on volunteers 18 & over.
· Upon acceptance into our volunteer program, volunteers are sent for a TB skin test, flu shot and drug screen paid for by Harrison Memorial Hospital. When volunteering in patient care areas, other testing will be performed as the Employee Health Nurse feels fit.
· Orientation will require a 2 hour time period.
· We do not accept court ordered service hours.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Harrison Memorial Hospital, simply fill out ourVolunteer Application For teen volunteers, please complete the Teen Volunteer Application. If you have questions regarding volunteering at HMH, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Crystle Arnold at email@example.com or by calling her at 859.235.3509.